Ages of students: 3 year olds
Course length: Check with your local school
Class schedule: One class per week
Parent participation: Required
Locations offering this course: Available only in our Irvine Yamaha Music Center location.
Curriculum: The in-class musical experiences establish a foundation for musical ability and cultivate life-long love of music.
- Listening Ability
- As this is the most significant period of aural development, a rich and varied array of listening activities develops sensitivity and listening ability and enables students to perceive music’s power to vividly express images and emotions.
- Social Development
- Because of the importance of the parent in the life of a child at this age, interaction between parent and child is an important focus in the group lessons. Also, through the group lessons children develop the basic skills of relating to other children and adults.
- Keyboard Experience
- Children experience sound through the keyboard and are introduced to the joys of keyboard playing. Appropriate to this stage in their physical development, initial playing activities engage the use of large motor skills.
- Cultivation of the Imagination
- Recognizing the significance of fantasy, play, and the imagination in the learning of children of this age, the activities, textbooks, and music are filled with suitable colorful, playful imagery, sounds, and subjects.
Yamaha Teachers are Dedicated
They are also eager to work with young children and parents. Committed to providing happy, rewarding first musical experiences, these college-trained musicians and educators have passed demanding tests in musicianship while completing rigorous training prior to certification by the Yamaha Music Education System.
Upon Completion of the Course
For students and parents, the course establishes an outstanding foundation and motivation for enriched study and skill development in the Junior Music Course.
An International Music Education System
When you enroll your child in Music Wonderland, you are assured of an excellent first course of music study. Yamaha has invested over 50 years of music education research in dozens of countries throughout the world. Through Yamaha Music Schools, more than 6 million people worldwide have been introduced to the joy of music.